One-Touch DCC signals

pidge456

You can say Train Tech Pidge. There are some users on here and the latest RM update (1.64 v.0) has a sample track plan for these, which shows some of the ways you program them. I will only say that they are expensive. R-

Pidge,

Suggest you review the numerous posts on here by "PJ_model_trains" he was done an inordinate amount of development work with HRMS to get these Train Tech signal products working reliably with RM. His Train Tech signal posts are incredibly detailed with masses of info.

To get the best out of Train Tech signals I would suggest you would be better off with RM. RailMaster has specific support for TT built in.

I was thinking of getting some to use with my select controller, any experience of using them with that set up.

I use an Elite with Railmaster myself, but I can't see any reason why they can't be used with a Select.

2-aspect signals should be no problem, they only have one address and you should be able to use the left/right arrow buttons on the Select to switch their aspects. 3- and 4-aspect signals are slightly more complicated. They use two addresses, the first being the one you program it with, and the second being that address + 1.

With a 4-aspect signal, having aspects R Y G Y, for example, if you program its address as, say, 100 then you would select address 100 to switch to either R or G, and you would select address 101 to switch on either Y or YY.

However, I would re-iterate what Chris said, much easier with Railmaster + Elink or Elite.

Ray

I was thinking of getting some to use with my select controller, any experience of using them with that set up.

Hi pidge456

The question has been well covered.

I personally cannot speak for the Select, I use the eLink with RailMaster myself.

Train-Tech signals are probably the simplest signals out there as they have a built in learn system activated by just touching the two terminals on the base with a small piece of wire. They are also very reasonably priced.

The Train Tech signals have two legs as you have probably seen, these simply slot into the Hornby track and that is your electrical contact done. If you don't want the legs these can be carefully snipped off leaving you with a free standing signal which gives more flexibility for placement. All you have to do then is solder a couple of wires from the signal, there are two small holes where the legs protrude from, then solder them to your track (making sure you get the right wire to the correct side of the track). Again it is down to what you prefer, the example is just to confirm the flexibility available, slotting into the track is the simplest form.

Train-Tech don't do feather signals just the 2,3,4 aspect signals, the 2 aspect has the option of either single head or dual head. As Ray has confirmed, 2 aspect are the simplest, but again it depends what you are looking for or what you prefer or want to achieve with your layout.

Pidge,

Suggest you review the numerous posts on here by "PJ_model_trains" he was done an inordinate amount of development work with HRMS to get these Train Tech signal products working reliably with RM. His Train Tech signal posts are incredibly detailed with masses of info.

Your comments are very kind Chrissaf, please also give full credit to Ray, he has spent as much time as I have with the signals.  

With reference to Train-Tech signals there have been a few issues using them with RM, but to be fair other signals have also had issues as well. Train-Tech signals are however recommended by Hornby/HRMS as they are the simplest to set up.

Although there have been issues these are close to been solved. This last week Ray and myself have carried out tests following changes to RailMaster software which have almost fixed all past problems, the signals now work, they also work correctly at start up, the 2 aspect signal toggle issue is also solved, so for stand alone signals they work, but there are a few small minor issues left, these are when using programs in RailMaster, HRMS are working to replicate and fix these issues as we speak.

NOTE: these issues were with RailMaster and these final issues are with programs in RM. 

It is probably best not to refer people to past posts on these signals as they were mainly regarding issues that needed fixing at the time. There will also be a new way of setting Train-Tech signals up in RM, HRMS will confirm this once all issues are fixed they will also include the information in the RM User Guide.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: all these comments relate to using Train-Tech signals with RailMaster

Apologies to Ray, it was PJ that just happened to stick in my memory. I keep thinking PJ Proby the 60's pop singer.

Valid point about some of the earlier TT posts being now out of date information wise and perhaps giving an incorrect impression of the products functionality.

Archived