Elevated Tracks

The only way I can think of to do that would be to show (say) the bottom track as continuous and the top one with a gap in it.  This will make no difference to the actual operation of RailMaster. 

We have a thread running in this RailMaster section of the forum called 'Desirable Features for future RailMaster Software updates' and I suggest that you add this requirement, which would be to include a track picture of a crossover.

With my own layout I have done exactly as RDS suggested in his reply. See my attached image. The RM track plan is only a REPRESENTATION of ones layout. It does not need to be drawn as a an exact actual physical copy. There is absolutely no need whatsoever for the route of the track to be contiguous.

/media/tinymce_upload/150f05f7087e26f0d4d7b6bf3a3daecf.jpg

John, RDS is correct. I have posted an image of my own track plan mimic that demonstrates his suggestion. Will appear once gone through moderation (probably Monday now). You will see in my posted image clearly what section of track crosses over the top of a lower level.

The only difference I would make to RDS's suggestion is to make the upper track continuous and put the gaps in the lower level tracks. Then when you view the resultant image, the levels look more in keeping with reality. In real life a track passing under another does disappear from view.

PS - not obvious from my image, due to the way I have drawn it, but my layout is distributed over three levels.

Hi John

Now that I have actually seen an example of the solution I suggested, I think it looks fine the way it is, because as Chris says, the RailMaster layout on screen does not (currently) need to be an accurate representation of your actual layout.

Archived