Signals - setting window

RB51

Trying to alter some of the settings in the above window (the one that pops up if you double click or right click a signal icon)  this afternoon and all worked well initially. I popped back to the main screen to check that things were working as intended, but they were not, so I went back to the design window and now I can't get the full Signal Settings screen. I am missing the bit on the right where you put the instructions for other signals or points. Is this a known issue? R-

I'll have a go - but I didn't change the decoder type. My laptop has just gone TU (on another machine now) so as soon as I can re-set that I'll try it. Thanks, Ray. Normal service will be resumed blah, blah ..... R-

OK - did that, tried Train Tech Colour Light Signal and Train Tech PC2 4-port Decoder. Doesn't make any difference. Oddly, in the Train Tech Multi-aspect Signals plan it works perfectly? I think I'll whizz a support request off. R-

I have the 45° points available so I think Pro Pack is still installed.

I tried deleting the track plan and renaming the .BAK but that brought back the same issues (probably obviously). As I said earlier the Train Tech sample design page still operated correctly so I tried inserting new signal icons in my track plan. These were fine, so I deleted the old signals. Luckily they were for practice and not incorporated into any program. No great loss, but I can imagine the grief if you had lots of signals.

I think there was a Windows update in the background whilst I was trying all this. There was this issue and the design screen "flew" off the laptop display out of sight but was still active. This meant I couldn't close RM without forcing the laptop to power off. Maybe another reason to disable automatic updates?

As I have deleted the signals my guess is there is little point in raising the matter with HRMS?

R-

Having another go at these signals this afternoon - and note that the "short" window is occasionally appearing as reported earlier. There was no Windows update this time and as I have the problem signals still on my track plan I have sent a help request to HRMS from within RM. R-

Archived