Click buttons /sliders twice?

Not exactly, I found I have to give a slightly longer single click. In other words click and hold just for a fraction of a second longer than one would normally do. As you say, a quick click doesn't seem to register. Maybe the timing of the soft button scanning routine has been changed within the RM software.

Not exactly, I found I have to give a slightly longer single click. In other words click and hold just for a fraction of a second longer than one would normally do. As you say, a quick click doesn't seem to register. Maybe the timing of the soft button scanning routine has been changed within the RM software.

Well if this is the case thempeopleare going to find it even more difficult to use as you have a click setting for using in Windows software and a completely different click for the Hornby software whic will make it extremely frustrating to use I wouldsuggest that Hornsby should urgently revert, it back to the old setting of running with the windows default

Well if this is the case thempeopleare going to find it even more difficult to use as you have a click setting for using in Windows software and a completely different click for the Hornby software whic will make it extremely frustrating to use I wouldsuggest that Hornsby should urgently revert, it back to the old setting of running with the windows default

Interesting thread. 

As a new user I found the controls would not 'settle' for quite some time and logged a bug which after some extended testing I found that the speed settings aren't saved or set until the little tooltip disappears from the speed control ( this tooltip display the decimal of the current speed). HRMS has confirmed the problem, said it was harder to fix than first thought but would work on it. This was a few weeks back. I found it a problem as if I moved my mouse off the speed control to do something else the slider went up or down relative to the mouse position - hence the need to wait for the tooltip to disappear before moving the mouse. 

I occassionally get commands missed but that I think is another problem entirely!

I was fiddling yesterday and noticed the same need for a double click effect in expanded throttle. I thought it was just my mouse so didnt report it in.

Also in expanded throttle clicking stop button didnt pull the slider back to zero and the loco kept on going. I had to use the small throttle to stop it.

Another thing I've seen before and still find occasionaly is the mouse sticks to the expanded throttle and I cant release it - it keeps moving the throttle around the screen following the cursor.

I'll check later to see if Chris's long click works any better.

Maybe v1.64 is a bit buggy.

All of you should report the problem back to HRMS via the email facility in the Help window of RM as it's clearly something they should look at.

Oh, and it would be good if you stopped using that blue button at the bottom of people's posts, just the box at the bottom of the page and the green Reply button to avoid this thread clogging up with multiple copies of previous posts.

......... the speed settings aren't saved or set until the little tooltip disappears from the speed control ( this tooltip display the decimal of the current speed). .........

I control my trains mostly through running programs, but this week I noticed that the little tooltip mentioned above to display the decimal of the current speed is ACTUALLY displaying (128 - current speed). Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere already.

Ray

@Ray,

I must admit I didn't check or acknowledge the value of the speed value displayed when selecting the slider. I was interested in the speed not being set or the cursor latching to the slider control until the tooltip disappeared. I still find not all commands go through, sometimes it loses connection for a while and other times my status lights stays green for quite some time before returning back to normal so accuracy of speed control is pretty limited for me!!! I'm happy if my locos move and then stop when I ask!

I'm also having issues with the slider continuing to move in unison with the cursor even though it is on another part of the screen, and having to double click on the slider to regain control.

On one occasion this resulted in a crash as the stop button also failed to function.

I sent an email from within RM on Friday morning (UK time) and received an acknowledging email reply but no other contact so far.

Perhaps if they're monitoring the RM forum I'll get a response soon.

I think RM Support should change they're name.

Six working days have passed and still awaiting a response.

I sent them another email yesterday and with no other method of communication the waiting is very frustrating especially heading into yet another weekend.

Support? 

The support department is going through emails as I've just had responses from my issues logged this week. 

Alas, no solution to this problem, nor the short circuit message not appearing unless I use alternative comms which then leads to RM freezing. Looks like I have to make compromises in the usability. Shame. 

I think RM Support should change they're name.

Six working days have passed and still awaiting a response.

I sent them another email yesterday and with no other method of communication the waiting is very frustrating especially heading into yet another weekend.

Support? 

I think you need to have a lot more patience - try thinking in months rather than days. The company who develop and maintain Railmaster are not Microsoft or Apple. They are a relatively small company with limited resources.

Ray

Come off it Ray, I just checked my calendar, and it is still 2016 "try thinking in months rather than days" seems a ridiculous and out of date statement.

If you are in the business of giving support then that's what your expected to do and if you can't do it in a timely fashion then your in the wrong business.

Computer program support is a NOW business and nobody in their right mind would want a support service that responded in months.

I know they are a small organisation and on the whole they do a great job, but taking a week just to respond to a request for assistance is unsatisfactory.

If someone tells me they'll get back to me in two days and I'm still waiting after six days with no contact from them then I don't think that I could be described as being impatient.

Given their usually excellent response, including on weekends and public holidays, I think I'd be cutting them a little slack this time Norman.  And looking carefully at Ray's post, I thought glimpsed his tongue in his cheek too.

Adam, good you have some answers now, even if problem not solved.  Don't forget development is ongoing with RM so you may well find the problem solved with an update coming your way soon.

I  had a reply from HRMS yesterday about two of my problems asking for more information, which I have sent to them, so they are about and they are working problems.

A previous response I got just after v1.64 was issued, but hadn't fixed my particular problems, was they wanted to get a stable version out for the important problems (I think the issue at that time was signalling) and they would then turn attention to all the other reports in hand.

So I patiently wait for the next iteration. Remember any changes to the code has to go through a procedure to check it is stable enough for sign off, etc before we even get to try it and as some problems are more difficult to fix than others the team has to make judgement call on what gets fixed in this next revision and what has to be worked later.

That sounds like DC Runaway you are experiencing Smithy.  Not RM's fault, usually caused by dirty track and wheels etc, although some decoders also seem to be more sensitive to it after they've had problems like being subjected to shorts.

Fix once and for all by turning off DCC Running in CV29.

HRMS came back to me again over the weekend, asking more questions, but saying I can't fire two sets of paired points from the same PAD, due to depleted internal CDU capacity, unless I wait 30 seconds for a recharge - odd but I actually can using my relay system, Followed immediately by the two singles on the other two ports.

they also said that surface mount point motors draw more current than the underfloor ones. I disagreed purely on the basis of physical characteristics of both motors - one small and lightweight and the other much more the heavyweight, but I need some to find the associated specs to prove it. Anyone got these?

HRMS are also still struggling with the large throttle selection for stop only slowing the loco to shunt due to the small throttle slider moving to shunt not stop, when controlling a dual decoder loco - e.g. Class 395. They have rigged a dual decoder loco but can't replicate the problem, so if anyone else has seen it then please report it in.

i don't think the double click thing has gone away yet on my machine. It often seems to need one click to get its attention then one to execute the command, but frustratingly not all the time.

Archived