Click buttons /sliders twice?

@RAF96 I have found that the Hornby Accessory Decoder has just enough power to fire two Hornby Surface mounted point motors simultaneously but then needs about 10 secs to recharge its single CDU before anything else can be switched reliably. It doesn't have enough power to reliably switch two Peco surface mounted point motors simultaneously, sometimes both points switch, sometime only one switches. Again a good 10 secs is needed to then fully recharge the CDU. I can't speak for under board solenoid point motors because I haven't got any. Where I am able to mount point motors underneath I use Cobalt IP Digitals

Thanks for the feedback Nick.

i have received some further info, which surprised me. The r8234 little black solenoid motor is 2ohms, whereas the big r8014 solenoid is 5 ohms, (+-10%) so the little one draws more current than the big one being of much less resistance. I expected the big one to be the greedy one.

so given the r8247 PAD has 4 X 4700 mF caps inside can one/more of our exceedingly clever electronics chaps tell me the numbers when 2 X each of those point motors is paired on a single port with the PAD connected to a typical 4 amp power supply unit..

hornby states that they have never officially stated that two motors can be connected to one port but they are aware it happens and that the internal CDU handles it - for one pair of r8014s anyhow.

hornby also said that the throttle problem may arise from the elite/eLink not liking the address (395) something we have seen before on other bogie addresses. Their recommendation - reset the controller and/or try a different address which I will tomorrow.

Update:

Further to my last post I have changed the R1139 Class 395 to a new address from 395 to 96 and the throttle problem is the same.

I fitted a new R8249 decoder to my decoder test rig and tried that in RM and it behaves perfectly, so I guess there must be a problem in the Class 395, which was converted to DCC using HCC instructions and was totally logical - no unforseen difficulties at all. Just the normal disconnect these and reconnect to those, in a few places in both cars.The modle runs perfectly via th eElite and on RM except for the large/small throttle stop/shunt problem.

ONe thing I did notice is that when commanding stop the small throttle does not go to shunt but a tad faster than shunt, although as both speedos go to 0 MPH I can't tell what this difference is.

Problem is back with HRMS for further investigation.

HRMS latest suggestion re my Class 395 no stop on small throttle when commanded from the large throttle problem is that my R8249 decoder is sending a signal back to my controller which is then telling the small throttle to slow down not stop....

Oddly my other R8249 equipped locos haven't worked out how to do that yet.

To rule out the Elite, I swapped it for my Testbox elite but the problem remains. I may swap the Elite and eLink around and see what happens then.

Archived