Pro Pack - Speech Recognition

Has anyone got the Voice Recognition component of the Pro Pack working under Windows 10 and if so, how? All I get is a "Your computer does not have the Speech Recognition Engine installed" message with a request to download a version which does not work with Windows 10. It is surely an integral part of Win 10  - I am using it elsewhere. Or is this another part of Railmaster that is not Win 10 compatible (if so I will be asking Hornby for a refund).

Hi Chris - I have used voice control in W10 - albeit a few weeks ago. Was it working for you in a previous Windows version? Can you try to find speech recognition in the search bar? Not wanting to set any hare's running but I haven't tried it since the last update. Do you have that installed? R-

On your Windows 10, have you got "Cortana" working. If so, speech recognition must therefore be installed and working as Cortana uses it.

As you say, because of "Cortana" - speech recognition is a fundamental part of the new Win 10 software build. Note: for Win 10 "Cortana" to work, it is a prerequisite that the 'location' settings are enabled. That is to say, the PC knows your location and uses that for things like Weather for example so that you get a local forecast. 'Location' and 'Cortana' functionality are integrated and interlinked.

My RM PC (laptop) is Windows 10 and 'Cortana' works very well on it, so it is definitely 'speech recognition' enabled. However, I do not use speech recognition for RM control.

Just a thought, but If 'Cortana' is not enabled on your Win 10 PC, then maybe that is why RM speech control isn't working.

I reported in problems with win 10 and VC and HRMS came back to say that unless win10  voice recognition was running then RM VC would not work.

If you have the Win10 speech control box at top of screen it will probably be twitching and saying something like 'try saying start listening'.

if it's not up there then you need to get Cortana on the job.

there is a specific speech download file from HRMS talked to in one of the sticky guides.

Chris - just type "Speech" into the search bar just to the right of the Windows icon (4 panes of glass) and one of the options that the search comes up with will be "Windows Speech Recognition - Desktop App". You don't have to do any more looking than that - honestly. R-

Sorry I perhaps have not made myself clear (as my wife often says to me :-) I have no problem in getting the Windows side running - speech engine and Cortana etc. But having done that, Railmaster still refuses to accept that there is a speech engine running and keeps asking me to install. Perhaps one for Hornby to resolve.

Ah - OK, so you have the speech window saying (with a grey button) "OFF" and when you click that button it goes blue and says "LISTENING" - but RM is not accepting that? If so, I would send a support request to HRMS from within RM. R-

Archived