Hornby Select dcc controller

Bowbelle121

I am trying to program my locos to the Select controller,but it would appear it will only take up to ten addresses?

I have twelve that i want to set up but when i enter 11 & 12 and then recheck the Select unit, numbers 1 & 2 appear to have dropped out.

It would appear i have a old version Select controller (11.30.03 are the numbers at start up) can this unit be up dated if this is the problem?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

You would appear to be doing something wrong. Even the Selects reporting 11.30.03 at start up as yours does support locos 1 to 59.

PS - 11.30.03 means you have version 1.1 firmware. The current version is 1.5. Only Hornby can upgrade the Select firmware for which there is a £15 charge. Contact Hornby Customer Care (by phone is best) to arrange if you want the upgrade done.

Just in case your original question has been misunderstood, and your query does not relate to how many locos can I address?

With the Select you can configure addresses for up to 59 locomotives, but only ten of them can be assigned to be called up by the keypad buttons at any one time.

See this extract taken from the original Select user guide (page 18):

"The Hornby Select Digital Control unit can have stored in its memory 59 digitally controlled locomotives. At any one time the Select can have running (providing the power is available) or on standby 10 locomotives. This is more than sufficient for an above average layout, however should an eleventh loco be “called up”, one of the previous 10 locomotives will be returned to the memory. The locomotive that is returned, will be the locomotive that has the lowest current Speed address compared to the other 9. Alternatively, if all 10 locomotives are stationary, the locomotive with the lowest address number will be returned to the memory."

PS - This 10 limit is still shown as valid in the Select version 1.5 user guide.

Just in case your original question has been misunderstood, and your query does not relate to how many locos can I address?

With the Select you can configure addresses for up to 59 locomotives, but only ten of them can be assigned to be called up by the keypad buttons at any one time.

See this extract taken from the original Select user guide (page 18):

"The Hornby Select Digital Control unit can have stored in its memory 59 digitally controlled locomotives. At any one time the Select can have running (providing the power is available) or on standby 10 locomotives. This is more than sufficient for an above average layout, however should an eleventh loco be “called up”, one of the previous 10 locomotives will be returned to the memory. The locomotive that is returned, will be the locomotive that has the lowest current Speed address compared to the other 9. Alternatively, if all 10 locomotives are stationary, the locomotive with the lowest address number will be returned to the memory."

PS - This 10 limit is still shown as valid in the Select version 1.5 user guide.

Archived