Laptop display and controllers

salmontrout

As a newbie to this Im still trying to get my head round elink and railmaster.  Managing to get two locos running at same time now but can only get one to show on computer display as separate controller.  The other is operated from the locomotive list,  I thought you could have more than one shoaing at a time,  Am I doing something wrong?  Its getting a bit frustrating.

The standard RailMaster only shows one single large throttle. If you look closely on the small throttle you can just make out a finger print in blue in the middle top background of each of the small throttle windows**. Clicking this finger print area makes that particular small throttle the large one. By clicking on each small throttle as required the large throttle becomes that particular small throttle. You can still use the sliders on the small throttle to control multiple locos. They don't have to be controlled by a large throttle. The large throttle is geared towards users with Touchscreens or users with sound locos with many functions.

The reason being is that the large throttle obscures the track plan. Many users will want to have unhindered control of their points and signals etc by clicking icons on the track plan and may be quite happy to use the small throttles in the right hand side list instead.

If you want to have TWO large throttles (the current maximum) visible concurrently on screen at the same time, then you would need to upgrade your standard RailMaster edition to the ProPack edition for a one off additional charge (about £30). Dual large throttles are only supported in ProPack. Propack features are documented in the 1.64 version manual page 6.

Note** on some RM screen themes, the blue fingerprint might be a blue letter Q

Be aware the second large throttle in Pro-Pack has problems that are under investigation for a fix by HRMS:

-  in that throttle commands from an Elite controller do not echo back to this throttle although they do to the primary large throttle.

- also I have found a stop command from the second large throttle does not actually stop the loco although the large display zeroes out and the slider hits bottom, but does not so do on the associated small throttle.

You are probably aware that the main use of a large throttle is to gain access to more Function buttons - as well as being easier to use with podgy fingers on a touch screen.

Archived