Lights in DCC trains

FinnerZ

Just a quick question about a the directional lighting in DCC converted trains - I know that running a DCC train on DC won't let me turn the lihts on/off etc. but will they come on in the direction of travel or just not come on at all. And also is there

a CV to change the brightness of lights (change output power)?

FinnerZ,

Hi. Yes the lights change direction as you'd expect. I run my DCC locos on DC and the white / yellow lights up at the front and the red lights at the rear. The lights change with the change of direction.

I don't know the cv answer

but would be interested to know. Some of my decoders come with lots of instructions that I have not time or the will to read. One has 64 pages! The one I purchased last is very good but has German instructions? Goes very well.

Have fun.

After a few problems (such as realising my decoders are in my grandparent's garage half an hour a way, and the circuit boards for the lights snapping), I have managed to wire up the directional and interior lighting in the trailer car to a minature plug

to go to the driving unit. However, my biggest problem now is deciding wheather or not to add a resistor (loads came with the white headlights) to the interior lights circuit as they do seem very bright even with just a 9 volt battery. My dad has travelled

on suburban trains for many years and recomends the dimmed lights, but I just wondered what forum users thought.

• 3 years later...
After a few problems (such as realising my decoders are in my grandparent's garage half an hour a way, and the circuit boards for the lights snapping), I have managed to wire up the directional and interior lighting in the trailer car to a minature plug

to go to the driving unit. However, my biggest problem now is deciding wheather or not to add a resistor (loads came with the white headlights) to the interior lights circuit as they do seem very bright even with just a 9 volt battery. My dad has travelled

on suburban trains for many years and recomends the dimmed lights, but I just wondered what forum users thought.

You can always use a separate decoder on the same address in the trailer car.

Archived