Programing Dcc concepts ADS 8 FX with E link

paul_rudge

Hello i need some help with programing the ADS 8 fx.

The problem is every time i try program the 1st point with a number  the e link changes to code to 249.

if i where only useing 1 ADS 8 Fx it would not be a problem but i am using 3 units,

has anyone come across this and know how to fix it.

thanks

Hi. I have 2 of these and the 2 channel version. The trick is to use the dccconcepts instructions and don't try and program it like an accessory decoder in railmaster. Connect them up to the run port on the elink, then move the switch on the decoder itself for the correct channel to the learning end and then operate the point in railmaster. Then set the switch on the decoder back to run and it will work. Repeat that for all your points.

Address your points in the railmaster program then put the switch on the port of the  ADS8FX you are using for that particular point to set, operate the point in the railmaster program then put the switch to run. As long as you use for example 1 to 8 on the first ADS8FX and 9 to 16 on the second and so on it should work.

Just remember that while this is the simplest of programming methods - put the switch to Set, throw the point number you want using whatever the way is for the controller you have, then put the switch back to Run and it's done - you do have to do this for each port.

In fact, if you only have one ADS8, you don't need to do any setting or programming at all.  It comes default with the ports set on 1-8, so just connect the ports up to 8 point motors and away you go.  Only have to start programming when you get your second ADS8.

Archived