RailMaster User Guide Download

Guest Chrissaf

Just noticed that the Download Manuals section of the Hornby website has been updated. The downloadable RailMaster English Manual has been updated from 1.57 to 1.64

At time of posting haven't checked the foreign language manuals version number.

Hi Chris

I was pleased to see your post but when I downloaded it and came to save it, I found I already had a v1.64 dated 24th Jan 2016 and it does seem to be a January 2016 version that can be downloaded.

Am I missing something here?

Am I missing something here?

No, not at all RDS.......when you update RM whether that be via the RM detected auto-update (major updates) OR via manual download from powerpos.com (minor updates). Then the latest current RM manual will be installed on your PC as part of the RM update (installation) process.

The reason I highlighted that the 1.64 manual was now downloadable from a direct Hornby link was because some answers to forum questions require pointing the OP to a particular manual page. With the latest manual now downloadable from the forum (some RM users may not have RM 1.64 installed yet) then it is easier to post a reply with a link to it.

Plus, anybody who is away from their RM PC will now have web access to the 1.64 manual. I cite Fishy as an example, he can now access the 1.64 manual via his iPad as he mentioned in his reply post.

Plus, not that it happens very often now, but there was a time when posts asked "Where do I find the latest RM manual?" - now it is on this web sites 'Manuals' section.

There was no hidden agenda in my original post. It was meant to be just an informative one to highlight that the earlier out of date 1.57 version had been updated to the current version. Some other posts in the 'Website Feedback' forum section had previously requested this to happen.

@Chrissaf

I certainly did not mean to infer a 'hidden agenda' on your part and I am sorry if it came over that way.

I was just surprised to see that I had already downloaded the current version.

Absolutely no need for any apology RDS, 'hidden agenda' just seemed an appropriate turn of phrase to use at the time of writing as the sentence fitted in with the text in the context of the overall paragraph.........I had no hidden agenda in using it 😀 sorry if using it led to any misunderstanding. I enjoy writing, and sometimes that trait has backfired as a result of putting in too much information and detail into my posts.

Archived