xp - railmaster ini file

hi,

i have my railmaster with e link in my old laptop running xp. i have been setting up my points with r 8247 Accessory Decoder but when i go into railmaster program files there is no sign of the ini files .  i have set up the points on my Track Schematic but still no joy.

Hi Grando,

There is only one "INI" file. It is called railmaster.ini and is located in the Railmaster folder. It isn't created or amended in any way after you have set up your points in the Track Schematic. When you save your track schematic it will be in a file with a suffix of .PLN, not .INI.

Perhaps if you tell us what you are expecting to work which isn't working, and we can take it from there.

Ray

If you can't see any .dotsuffixes in your Railmaster folder listings it may be your folder options are set to hide them for common file types.

Go to folder options in control panel and check that file suffixes are set to show.

Once you have made a track plan you have to save it with a unique name and then select this name from the drop down in RM setup screen as your default starting plan.

I agree with Ray, if you told us what you are trying to do, then we could give targeted advice. If you have set up your points in the track schematic and they are working, then WHY are you trying to find the files relating to them.

As others have said, the track schematic and points configurations are stored in a file called name.pln where name is the name you gave the track plan when you saved it.

Archived