Look what Malwarebytes picked up...

There is a reference to Assist.exe in another post on the forum (made by HRMS). Assist.exe is not part of the core RM program. It is a future HRMS development they are working on to provide a revised method by which HRMS can log on remotely to the RM PC to fix things. It may never be implemented....who knows.

It is a kind of (very loosely based) PC Anywhere type application. It is a completely self contained .EXE so it should not have any activity when RM starts up or is running.

I believe your Malwarebytes may be a false positive. If you are feeling brave, the Assist.EXE will open a little popup application if you double click it and you can see what it will do when fully implemented by HRMS.

Thanks Chris - its all coming flooding back to me now you've reminded me. I remember the discussion.

Brave or foolhardy - probably much the same, thats why it is left unticked against correction in the cleanup, just in case it was an essential process, despite the Adware Bundler tag.

Next time I have the Train-PC cranked up I will give it a run, purely for curiosity's sake.

Archived