Railmaster - Train-Tec Decoders

Hi DavidT

Are you using Train-Tech signals with built in decoder ot a Train-Tech decoder separate?

Due to issues with Train-Tech signals (ones with built in decodersgoing back to Oct 2013) HRMS have changed the way you program these signals, you now do it from within the layout design section.

I am away from my PC and RM until tomorrow but will look at emails from HRMS tomorrow. Ray and myself were involved with the latest test which fixed most issues, we are waiting for them to finalise the last few issues reported but we have heard nothing since.

This could be why they haven't updated the User Guide to reflect the changes as they are still testing and fault finding. I am surprised we have not heard from them as the last attempt corrected most of the more serious issues just leaving a handful of small items to finalise.

Hi DavidT

Note: These instructions are for setting Train-Tech signals that have de-coder in the base of them. These are the latest instructions from HRMS (Hornby RailMaster Support) following fault testing at the end of January and over-ride the manual and Train-Tech instructions.

First it is advisable to download and install the latest RailMaster revision from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe

Open RailMaster and then open the Track Plan, that is the triangle at the top of the screen

Right Click on one of the signals in your layout design, the one you want to set up.

A box will pop up.

Your Controller set to A

Your decoder port set to the port you are setting for this signal

Signal Type is Train Tech colour light signal

When you choose your signal type 2 aspect, 3 aspect etc it should automatically complete the SEQ - PORT - SETTINGS for you.

Just below these drop down boxes you will see two colour light signals

HRMS now state...

We have made changes to a few areas of the program to allow 'only the red test button to be used to set the signal address during track design mode'.  A slight pause has been introduced when starting up the signals to ensure that the DCC signal gets through to each signal.

So to set your signal now, from track plan design, you put your signal into 'learn mode' so they are flashing then click the RED circle signal icon in signal setup, in layout design.

Good luck.

Archived