Kato N-scale points and Noch 60264

Looking for help......

I will be using Kato track and points in connection with Railmaster and the eLink. Sofar I have only been running the track with Railmaster but I now also want to program the points. As "decoder" for the points I got a Noch 60264 for running 4 points. However, looking at its short manual I am wondering if this is indeed a decoder. It looks like a small print to connect each points with a Reed switch or a conventional push button switch. However, it also shows that it can be connected to (in German) "a digital impuls magnetartikel decoder". Thus I think, I need an additional decoder. But which one?

I will also post this on the DCC forum, since I really do not know the best place.

Peter, I am not personally familiar with these items.  However, checking out their websites, the 60264 is a DC switch, not a DCC item at all. You need a standard DCC accessory decoder to power the solenoid point motor built into the Kato points.  If you look at the Kato site, they recommend Digitrax.

I would return the 60264.

Poliss is our N gauge expert though and should be along soon to confirm.

PS.  There is also lots of info on the net about various options for setting up Kato points for DCC too, so worth a search to see the best way to go about it.

Archived