RM double Header setup

I have recently used RM and have problems with the double heading setup. Can select the locos for double heading and get DH-0 in the window. There is no green arrow as per the manual so cannot configure anything and will not save the 2 locos as a double header. It appears the missing green arrow is the problem. Any ideas form you wisemen out there

Marlene

First off Marlene download the latest version of RM from the link at the top of the RM main page.

Run it as Administrator overwriting your existing copy - you won't lose any of your settings or plans, etc, then see if the problem is still there.

If it is then report it back to HRMS using the Help facility so if it is a problem they can look at fixing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

I contacted HRMS and they pointed me in the direction of the settings and the fact that the green arrow is only available on the pro version. Changed the no of Double Headers in the drop down of settings from 0 to 2 and it works fine. 

As far as I understand it the only benefit PRO brings to the party is that you can state which way a double header loco is facing (is this the GREEN ARROW?),such as Class 20s usually used to run nose to nose and RM PRO lets you do that.

Else any double header is a simple pick 2/3 locos from the list, assign a header number and its locked in. With Pro it just remembers the rig for later to save you inputting it again.

• 4 months later...

Extract from latest manual - additional features in Pro Pack page 6.

Saving of current multiple headers for use the next time the program starts 

then according to page 99 when you,exit RM and have existing live DHs it will ask you,if you,want to save them.

... (is this the GREEN ARROW?) ...

When I first clicked the Green arrow it did not do any special but I realised that in the settings window, there is the ability to select the number of Double Headers you want.  When it is set as 1, the Green arrow does not do anything - but if you select more than 1 in the settings winddow, the Green Arrow then cycles through the the Double Header range you have entered.  It is nothing to do with Loco direction.

I will have another look at this tomorrow before contacting HRMS.

Archived