Reregistering a handheld

Hi

I need to deregister a handheld and reregister a different handheld. Do I have to deregister both railmaster and the handheld at the same time or can I do just the handheld as both keys are in the same place. Am I missing something here. Have read both manuals neither seems very clear on this

Thanks

I do not use HH myself but my interpretation of reading the HH manual pages 53/54 is that the RM and HH key activation / deactivation are independant processes. Unless someone who has actually done this advises differently, I think it would be unwise to deactivate the RM key if not absolutely necessary.

They are absolutely separate. I have just done this as a test for the networking part of the Help Site for this forum as I wanted to confirm this once more for myself just a few days ago.

The dialogue window will offer you the opprotunity to deregister as many keys as you have with plenty space for each but if you only need deregister one then just go ahead and do that. An email is virtually instant to your inbox and you should be able to reregister the key on the new HH within minutes. Just make sure you use the right key... 😀

Archived