printing loco list,what does pro pack do?

You can print the CV settings for each loco. You have to get each loco up on the loco list screen, read the decoder settings, which will take a long time (or a range you are interested in, which will be a couple of minutes probably) and then you can print them from an icon on the settings page. The print option is not versatile and prints all CV's whether they hold a value or not which results in 4, mostly blank, pages. There was a request for this to be altered to print only CV's where there was a value but I don't think this is implemented yet, and of course might never be. I'm not able to check at the moment. R-

Yes, that is the downside to it - the answer is to read and print only CV's 1 - 29 (or so) and then you get only one page. Yup, a ream of paper in Tesco's is £2.50 and my ink cartridges are £11 each since the clever little gizmo inside the printer recognises compatibles - and won't work! R-

Really? Are there no internal gubbins? R-

Not on the HP ones I tried.  It was basically just a self adhesive sticker and it did allow the use of cartridges that had previously been rejected by the printer as 'invalid' or whatever term it used.

I buy printer ink in 60ml bottles, drill holes in the top of the cartridges and refill as required then fit bungs in the holes to seal up.........saves ££££££££'s..... 😎... HB.

To misquote John McEnroe: ARE YOU SERIOUS (HOWBI)MAN? 😉

All I ever got by refilling ink cartridges was covered in ink.

Then when I tried them the original cartridge fun police kicked in and rejected my offerings.

Now I see you can fool them by peeling off the stickers for onward use, although I always thought these hologram stickers self destroyed when peeled.

• 2 weeks later...

What it needs is to be able to export the loco database file into Excel then you could pick and choose what you printed.

Railmaster stores its data in a MS Access format file called resource.mdb. You can open in MS Access or MS Excel. The CV values are in a single field per record, so they are a little tricky to format if you wanted to print them. NB if you decide to have a go at this, I suggest creating a copy of the above file to "play with" or at the very least open with a read only connection to the database.

By the by, I have created my own loco db and linked it to the Rersource db  to access the extra useful data it contains. Although I would prefer if Hornby could extend the functionality of their Railmaster application to allow storage of additional loco information - as I dont think it would be too difficult to do.

/media/tinymce_upload/adf9cb7037870774363c01133b7f4adb.jpg

Archived