Short circuits in Railmaster

Hello, if i encounter  a short circuit in Railmaster the only indication of this is the fact that locos will not move, i then have to reboot system and disconnect usb port and re connect as per screen instruction, i have recently been to a model show where Railmaster was in use and witnessed clearing of shorts through a tick box appearing on the screen, ticking clears the problem, My version of Railmaster is 1.64 running in Windows 7
Are you able to advise?
Thank you
David taylor

Hi David, go to page 6 in this forum and the thread titled No on-screen short warning, or the thread immediately above that, and there is your answer.  It's all in the ini file.

There is also more comprehensive information on the ini file for various hardware configurations in the bottom HRMS post in the top sticky thread on page 1, Setting Up and Getting Started.

You might also note that there are many many problems that have already been solved in the forums and a search will often find them.  I knew this was one of those and did a search on clear short in post contents to find this answer for you.

David

Review the third reply down on this previously posted thread by RAF96 that shows the clickable button that is used to reset the communication link on an eLink after a short, negating the need to reboot your RailMaster system. I believe this button is only visible if you have an eLink controller configured in your RailMaster. I have an Elite and have never seen this button. 

You will also need to check that these two lines of text are in your railmaster.ini file and add them if they are missing. I am assuming that you have an eLink controller, since it is the eLink that seems to exhibit this 'short circuit' controller issue.

Alternative comms=1

Check controller=1

Fishmans reply told you where to find a lot more information regarding the two text lines above plus further information on 'short circuit' recovery in general in his reply.

To edit the railmaster.ini file click the 'cog' in the 'About' RailMaster screen. Clicking the 'cog' opens the .ini file editor. See also pages 32 & 33 in the RailMaster 1.64 manual

Hi David, go to page 6 in this forum and the thread titled No on-screen short warning, or the thread immediately above that, and there is your answer.  It's all in the ini file.

There is also more comprehensive information on the ini file for various hardware configurations in the bottom HRMS post in the top sticky thread on page 1, Setting Up and Getting Started.

You might also note that there are many many problems that have already been solved in the forums and a search will often find them.  I knew this was one of those and did a search on clear short in post contents to find this answer for you.

Nice to get some feedback of a happy ending for a change. Not all posters think to come back and tell us the final outcome. Good or bad !

Archived