SRN4 Hovercraft

I've built one (which was demolished by our Cat not long after completion) I got another but it had that awful transparent Roof with only half of it tooled with the necessary recess lines. I found a 3rd one and was still disappointed with the poor fit of some pieces.

I travelled on one on my first and still only trip across the Channel. I did do it twice of course, as I had to get back to Blighty !!  It was a great journey and a great memory. I got the Kit for that very reason - a memento - and that was back in 1972 !!!  

As it sadly no longer exists in operational form, (like almost ALL Airfix Kits - dig dig dig) it is a British National Treasure (as is the Spitfire) and should be re-tooled to fit together more easily & precisely. 

VOTE NOW !!!

Harold, Kitstarter isn't a campaign for new tools - that's the Wish List - but is to re-activate old moulds. I've made the SRN4 too and the fit of mine wasn't too good either, so re-releasing it would not do Airfix any favours.

Yes Ratch, it would be NICE to have it re-tooled, but I seriously doubt it would ever be done. It's a shame really, as we don't need a Forum or Worldwide Referendum to get Spitfires re-tooled do we?  ;-)

My modelling skills have improved over the years, so I think I might overcome or at least reduce the "fit" problem with more careful assembly. I was always in a maddening rush to complete ANY Model I bought, and that's not the case these days. I think Airfix will not be doing themselves any favours for some (or even most) of the other Kits being suggested either, but then again, there are probably people like me who might have developed enhanced skills over the decades. 

HT

Archived