Railmaster Reactivation

Has anybody else had problems with communications with HRMS?

I unloaded Railmaster from my tablet without thinking, and when I reinstalled it, my Railmaster

and handheld app were activated, but my Propak wasn't.

I tried to activate it, but received a message saying it was already in use. 

I used the function to ask RM to reactivate it for me and received the following response 

The response you received is automated and only sent after checking the details you provided on the reset request form against what was registered.  Something is substantially different.

I have emailed them back, as this doesn't make sense, and again emailed them all my details.

I am still waiting.

Also, the original request method I sent, will not allow me to send another, even though HRMS said I could make another request in a few days.

It just seems a bit messy, and I wany my Propack back, please.

Hi WD

It seems to me that when you entered your details for registration the first time and then the second they were different and this is what has been picked up via their database checks which are automatic.

The response you said was an auto msg which would be correct and the team don't check these.

If you entered new data on your form for reactivating the software it wouldn't work as it was still activated on their side. Hence the message.

Have you sent all the correct information for each activation or is there a possiblility that some of it may be different therefore causing this problem?

I'm not in front of my laptop at the moment so cannot tell you if there is another way to try and sort the Pro Pack out... one reason is I don't have it anyway.

Surely someone out there has the Pro Pack and can tell you if I am right or not and whether there are any different ways of contacting the team via the Pro Pack itself?

AC, ProPack is just additional functionality within RM, not something separate with something like an email facility.  That can only be done via RM.

WD, you say you emailed them.  How?  I suggest you email them all the relevant codes etc and the error message you got via the email in the Help window

There is a facility within RM-PRO (3rd tab in setup from memory - currently inactive) that will send you an email or text (can't remember which) if your running program gets a problem. Not something I ever though would be useful in the great scheme of things.

Else comms with HRMS is standard across the AM/PRO packs.

@Fishy

I see... I was told that the Pro Pack had a facility to contact HRMS like the original RM and that the program was identified at HRMS by a line in the comment text area of the email sent.

Ah well... apparently not. That's what I get for listening to a trader!! :-)

I did know it was just an extension of RM though... and from that, now, it obviously would just use the same contact form etc as RM itself. Yet another lesson learnt. I have not see the Pro Pack in action nor have I read too much about it to be honest so when the guy told me that I assumed he was correct... although plainly he is not!

@RAF

So the Pro Pack tells you via an email that there is an error while the program runs? Woah... not that you'd notice all the trains on the layout would stop at once and all lights may go out and power would be lost and the frustration of it all would send one into a deep frenzy... but... hang on... if it loses power while running just how is an email sent then? Maybe it preempts a fault cropping up... now that would be decent!

On a slightly more serious note one does wonder quite where an email would be beneficial. You would have to be in constant use of your email client program like Outlook or webmail so you would know. If you don't have it running you're snookered.

When checking why the layout has gone wonky would one then always need to check their email just in case the software gets the fault finding issue correct and sends it off in appropriate time?

I'm curious now as to the extent of how this works...

@AC

Exactly what I thought  - WHY??? - and probably why it remains inactive for now.

It put me in mind of 'when you are up to your @*se in alligators do you really need to be reminded to drain the swamp'.

The only scenario I could envisage was an unattended exhibition layout running on auto at a say a museum or other such public venue, which could call for help in event of a malfunction to preclude egg on face.

I don't reckon I have made any errors in my attempts to get Propack reactivated.

On the activation attempt saying 'Already registered' I was prompted to message support, the format only asking name, street address, postcode, propack activation key and original and latest email address(same in this case)

I have just received a request for all my details again. I am still waiting for a solution.

All I can say is that communications are kind of remote, with some kind of android on the other end.

@WD I would bang off a 'whats happening' email to them direct from the last reply you got, as they often work out of office hours and at weekends so they should be able to help you out.

It's a pity we don't have a direct phone line to them as well as a direct email.

A phone line? Well, one sure fire way to have them all running and screeming at us lot who can't seem to get things done on a normal level (no offence to anyone :-) ) is to open up a phone line to us. They would evolve grey hair much faster than natural evolution and such...

On the other hand, it may prove a useful exercise in cases such as this where attempts have been made, with delays, for a resolution to, what is after all, a very simple problem.

@WD

It may be worth your while doing what RAF suggests and contacting them further... you never know.

@RAF... how can woof woof mean job done? Two words the same meaning two words that are different?

Surely it's woof arf... or arf woof... or maybe my language skills arn't as good as yours lol... arf arf 🤔

AC - as the topic has already been answered I don't feel too bad about staying off topic for an educational aside.

Us dogs have limited vocabulary to start with - this one only speaks poor English, fluent Geordie and total Rubbish. So woof has to make do for lots of things and it depends upon the inflection as you say/bark it as to the true meaning, unfortunately I can't type inflections only say them.

By the way arf means something completely different and probably shouldn't be used on the forum - I expect the sobriety filter will pick it up.

There are many words in lots of languages that are spelt the same but have different meanings such as can (verb - able to do), can (verb - to throw away) and can (noun - a container), yassou in Greek means hello and goodbye, yassas means hello (plural) and goodbye, which can also be antio - in Greek nt is pronounced d (similar to the French adieu - sorry if the spelling is wrong John Y).

In some languages there are many words with the same meaning, for instance the Eskimos have 30 words for snow, in Geordie we have marra, mucka and mate. Then there is spelt and spelled (which also has 2 meanings - splelt and giving someone a break).

All clear - right I'm off walkies - yap yap 😆

@RAF

I am a fellow Geordie and use the lanuguage most days of the week (unless I have to speak all posh on the phone coz the language is not easy to understand as you know). So I can follow all the wheezes from it easily...

Now, as for the Greek, doggy woofs et al, I was lost... so education now complete.

So for this one I echo the "yap yap".... 😉

Archived