Elite not working with two engines.

stevo185

I've got both a select and an elite controller. The elite works fine with all but two of my locos. They are two Hornby Class 47s that were recently double headed together. They worked together, but then I used the select to dissolve the consist and now they will only work with the select on their original addresses. They don't move at all using the elite. I've even tried dissolving the consist with the elite, but it says there isn't one. 

Am I missing something?

Sounds like something has gone adrift in the loco decoder configuration. I suggest placing each of the two locos in turn on the ELITE programming track and writing decimal value 8 to CV8. This wiil restore the DCC decoders to their factory default and the factory DCC ID address 03.

Then use your ELITE to re-instate the original addresses in the decoders. This should, in theory, get you back to the staus quo before you implemented the 'double header' configuration.

You dont say which decoders you have fitted to these two locos. Different manufacturers and their decoder ranges handle consisting in different ways.

Some only store basic consist info in the decoder, some store more complex info and others rely upon the controller holding the information and if you had Railmaster that saves the consist within the application programming And takes both the decoder and controller out of the equation.

added to this is simple or complex consisting which determines how the controller broadcasts commands to the decoders.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in getting back on here.

I've tried resetting CV8, using the elite, with no apparent effect. I can re-address both locos using the select, but still they don't run with the elite.

Both locos were secondhand, so not sure what decoders are fitted - or how to tell from looking at them.

I don't use railmaster.

Steve.

@Stevo185................to identify the make of decoder, using the Elite and prog track, read CV8.........the resultant number on screen will identify...........eg...48 = Hornby.....101 = Bachmann.....65 = Gaugemaster.....79 = Hattons.....129 = Digitrax..........HB.

Archived