Backup reinstall

Hi all 

Just backed up my rail master and removed it from my laptop  so I can put it on a spare laptop I don't use much. 

What I want to know is how do I reinstall the backupI've made one I've done everything else 

Regards Andrew 

Hi Andrew,

Did you de-register the software before removing it from your laptop? If not, you may need assistance from HRMS when re-installing it on your spare laptop.

To re-install it, use the link provided at the top of the Railmaster section of this Forum. Then you need to restore files which you have created (such as track diagrams, programs, locomotive settings) from the backup you have created.

Ray

The relevant files that you need to copy over into the Railmaster program folder are named in the version 1.64 RM manual on page 132

Its irrelevant whether you uninstall it from the original laptop, all you need to do is deregister it from there so you can re-register elsewhere.

If you didn't deregister, you will need to contact HRMS.  Using the email facility in the Help screen of RM is a simple way of doing this.

Archived