TTS GADWALL ,SLOWS DOWN ON CORNERS

mjb1961

HI,,,My TTS gadwall slows down on corners ,rad 2 and rad 3 ,I've had the body off and it still does it ,I can't see anything rubbing to slow it down ,if you try to crawl the loco it will stop ,if you get up some speed it will keep going but you can tell it is slowing down ,just a bit and then it speeds up on the straight ,any ideas ,the only thing I've done is Change the agorythm and adjust cv10 bemf,any ideas what could be the problem ,,thanks in advance ,,Martin

Hi Martin........I have an 0-6-0 tank with this problem and it is caused by the centre axle of the driving wheels having little lateral freedom of movement to one side...........this has the effect of reducing the radius that can be negotiated with ease thus slowing the loco..........I think it is caused by the drive cog not being centralised on that axle.......I don't know how to rectify this problem at the moment but someone on this Forum may have a solution....HB

I'd agree this is a mechanical problem but what changes did you make to BEMF?  This is supposed to keep the loco speed constant for constant throttle under varying load.  So you might try experimenting with it to see if it changes things.

Hi all ,once again thanks for your replies and suggestions ,it turned out to be the BEMF setting ,my lack of understanding ,I reset the decoder back to factory and then changed the agorythm to agorythm 2 and all seems well ,,,thankyou Martin 

Speed on corners (and gradients) also depends on what and how much the loco is towing. A tight curve is the same as putting the brakes on.

Also, if any of your track-joiners are a bit sloppy or dirty inside, that will be costing you power as well.

Speed on corners (and gradients) also depends on what and how much the loco is towing. A tight curve is the same as putting the brakes on.

Also, if any of your track-joiners are a bit sloppy or dirty inside, that will be costing you power as well.

Hi ,it was the BEMF setting ,I adjusted the value to something low ,once I reset the decoder all back to default and changed the agorythm it is now ok ,,,I know what you are saying about tight curves ,dirty rails etc but I use set track and it was slowing down on 2nd and 3rd radius ,also I keep the track very clean including the insides but thanks for pointing that out ,,thanks ,,martin

They always do go slower on the corners

Hi trainlover,,,not on my layout ,the steamers think they are pendilino,s,,,,,,,martin

In that case you are running them to fast and your next question will be How do I repair RXXXX

Hi ,it was meant as a joke trainlover,of course I don't run them at silly speeds ,probably half of full throttle,the slowing down on the curve was down to the BEMF ,I had lowered the cut off point due to lack of understanding but all is well now I have returned it to default,,,,,,,martin

Archived