R2635X LMS STANIER 4MT 2-6-4T CLASS 4P "2546" LOCOMOTIVE

81F

I've recently bought the above of ebay and it works very well, but I am having difficulty reprogramming it. I would like to change it's ID to 2546 but it is not having any of it so I'e used 46 for now.

As I use an elite I am assumingthe decoder was ade for the select with it's limited range of numbers. If this is the case can someone advise me how easy it is to update the chip.

As the loco functions well enough I am slightlyloathed to take it apart for just a look unil I know just what things I will need to buy - I assume that these factory fitted locos would have a plug in chip if not necessarily a standard 8 pin plug.

Regards

Steve

The decoder in this loco is probably the Hornby R8249........to use 4 digit addressing you have to invoke 'extended addressing' in CVs 17-18 and CV29.........the R8249 manual unfortunately does not show clearly how to do this so, hopefully, somebody can explain what to enter in which CV...HB.

You have to trawl the Elite config menu first to set long /extended addressing before you can give it a four number address.

google long addressing and you will soon find a calculator that allows you to input the correct numbers into cvs 17 and 18. Really simple if you do a bit of reading.

if you have RM then its even easier to set it with the Sigma button.

Archived