moving schematic

hi, i want to add sidings at left hand side of schematic, but there is no more grid squares , although masses on right hand side. surely there must be a way of moving schemnatic, without having to put it all across piece by piece, but i cant find it in instructions.  which of you clever guys knows how. thanks john

Hi John,

In the track designer, at the bottom of the column of icons (immediately under the text button marked "ABC"), there is a button with an arrow pointing north-west. If you click this, it puts the cursor into a "multiple select" mode. This means you can click on a point anywhere on your layout, then drag the cursor away from that point and you will see a rectangular box appear. By dragging the mouse in the right direction, you can get it to surround a number of icons on your diagram. When you release the mouse, those icons remain selected, allowing you to click and drag them to another area on the grid. In your case, you want to move everything, so the point to choose should be, say, as close to the top left corner as possible, then drag the cursor down and right until you reach the bottom right corner, then release the mouse and everything should be selected. Then you can click and drag everything further to the right, leaving space on the left.

Good luck!!!

Ray

By point I mean a position on the screen, not a track point !!!

Archived