Railmaster and Rapido APT-E

Rob, thank you.

I have a recalcitrant Bachmann 36-558A in a DAPOL Class 66 that refused to change id with Elite on programming track. Runs fine on 03 but 05 are the last two numbers and therefore are preferred. Another 558A changed no problem in a GRAFAR N so I will try Ops mode before opening up those tiny tenders and trying to change the decoder in the Grafar and then replacing it back into the DAPOL.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely pictures, RAF, the village itself is still very picturesque, and the garden centre is indeed 'World's End', one of the Wyvale group. About 45 minutes from Harrow, but a lovely run out for us.

back to the APT - I downloaded the function list for the sound card from DC Kits, as recommended by Tricky, and as mine was fitted when I had to send the set back because of a problem, the function buttons differ slightly.  I have got about half of the buttons working as they should, will speak to the supplier about the others.

whilst running through the functions, I was getting some strange results, such as both forward and rear lights coming on at the front, with nothing at the back.  Also, the 'Easter Egg' that Tricky couldn't tell us about, came on when I switched on, without any button punching.  Found that the coaches were very slightly unconnected, not visible to the naked eye, but after checking them, all became as should be.

A great big thank you to all who have added their knowledge to this thread, you are what makes this forum such a must-visit for me

Rod

Archived