Elite & Select - Which Arrow Is Forward ?

Paul60

Hi all,

On both my Elite & Select, my DDC Ready Loco runs forward when the direction indicator arrow points left.

I assume I must have put the Sapphire controller in the wrong way round ?

It would seem logical that the loco would go forward when the arrow points to the right ?

Only just noticed. Not keen to open it up if not necessary.

Is that right or wrong ?

Cheers :)

Forward can be any way you want it to be. If you want your locos to go forward when you press the right arrow you just alter the default direction by following the instructions in the manual. No need to open anything up.

The only time you'd need to open up a loco would be if the rear lights were on when the loco was going forward, or vice versa.

I thought DCC locos always travelled front end first when forward was selected which ever way the loco is pointing. 

Hi WTD,

Try telling my GWR class 42xx that. It came factory fitted with a decoder fitted, but ran backwards when it was supposed to run forwards 😮.

Whether it was an incorrectly fitted decoder or crossed wires from the decoder to the motor, I don't know as i haven't opened it up to check. All I did was to add 1 to the value in CV29 to change the direction, simple really.

Regards

Chris 😀

I meant 'relative' to the arrow on the controller.

By default, my loco runs forward when the arrow points left.

I thought the default direction would be arrow to right.

Anyway.... Thanks again Chris.

This direction button topic is clearly discussed in the Elite and Select and RM manuals from memory, including what to do if you want to have it tother way round.

I must make more effort to read instructions and manuals. I am very slack like that. 😀

Archived