TTS King

Hilux59721707820819

Well I have to say I am quite disappointed with my first, and quite possibly only, TTS loco. The loco runs fantastically, until I turn on the sound. The speaker is horrendously crackly and scratchy. I have never had this issue with any of my other sound locos. To their credit, Kernow have offered a fully tested replacement upon teceipt of the original loco being returned, and the refund of my postage costs. But it is a shame that this has happened on my first TTS loco. I think I'll stick to the more expensive ones from now on. Full points to Kernow.

Faults happen and that's a fact of life. Just because it's the first one you've had doesn't mean all will be the same.

Kernow to their credit are not quibbling... however, as Poliss says, they have no real choice.

In law you are entitled to a replacement or refund within the first year of your statutary warranty. A repair should only be considered when a second unit is not available, through product deletion etc., and you really want to keep it or through personal choice. A repair should not be offered by the seller unless asked for by the buyer or it is a last resort, as said, if the product is no longer available. The repair is always free. Any postage is covered by the seller either way. They claim that back from their supplier or manufacturer. The customer, in law, should not be seen to be out of pocket.

Other scenarios will have slight differences in law or terms of contract but the above is covered by my statement wholly or whatever is deemed necessary for this circumstance.

I've not had, for myself, or friends, a TTS loco that sounds odd. Timing may be out slightly but that's fixable as far as I know after reading posts on here. So you've been unlucky. Don't give up on what can be a good purchase and also see some mods applied to these locos to make them even better.

Olton hall. return. it. I have  4TTS, and one locksound, and there is not a great difference in sound. However, its your choice to pay more, and thats fine. Me, i will take advantage of the reduced cost,  whenever possible

I have bought five TTS locos from Hornby direct and therefore they have travelled halfway round the globe in a small box.

All have been excellent straight out of the box and I enjoy them immensely.

A sixth (Tornado) was given me as a non-runner. A third party had installed lights. The loco unfortunately took a high dive at the hands of the previous owner. I believe it was a good runner but now understandably is flaky. I am hopeful of restoring it to working condition.

As i said, each to his own. I dont recall any other postings about crackly sound. I am surprised that Kernows did not test prior to sale. There is no reason to  give them any points for replacement. Thats the law. john

As i said, each to his own. I dont recall any other postings about crackly sound. I am surprised that Kernows did not test prior to sale. There is no reason to  give them any points for replacement. Thats the law. john

I was simply meaning that there was no "go back to the manufacturer" or anything like that. They offered a replacement without trying to get me to do anything else. 

Archived