Addressing decoders

Hi, i am having a problem addressing my Cobolt ADS-2fx  points decoders, can only seem to get Railmaster to address 1 port of the decoder? then it sometimes switches the other port?

Any help would be appreciated, what is the correct sequence to do this? have numbered the turnouts on my track plan.

Thanks 

Hi David

I recently installed a Cobalt ADS8FX with RailMaster. To program a port, flip the little switch on the board for that port, then operate the corresponding point in the RailMaster diagram, then flip the switch back again. The point(s) wired to that port should then operate.

Regards, John

The ADS2fx is what they call a 'Self Learning' Accessory Decoder. This means two things, you do NOT need to attach the ADS2FX to the RailMaster eLink/Elite programming track. You do NOT need to the use the RailMaster Accessory Decoder Settings window. In other words ignore the instructions written in the RailMaster user guide manual for programming Accessory Decoders. They are not valid for the ADS2FX product.

I have pasted below the instructions taken from the ADS2FX website for programming the ADS2FX.

Giving your DCCconcepts ADS decoder its own address is very easy. Just remember to use ONLY these DCCconcepts instructions as all other DCC manufacturer instructions are valid only for their own accessory decoders.

You do NOT ever need to connect ADS decoders to a programming track For ALL handset and console based products that use a simple and direct “Press-the-button” routine to change a point or turnout, do as follows:

• Connect the AD-S2fx to the track power bus or the dcc accessory power bus.
  • Decide on the number that you wish to give each ADS-fx Decoder output
  • Carefully move the “Set/Run” switch of that output to the “SET” position
  • Follow your control systems instructions for Operating a point at that address. Use just the number only - do not add any leading zeros. (3 = 3, not 0003) (Complete the operation totally - from “select address” to “changing the point”).
  • Return the “Set/Run” switch to the Run position and your ADS decoder will now respond to that address - it really IS that simple!

For ALL Screen-based products such as ESU, Z21, Hornby E-link and similar products you may first have to set up a track diagram or add a new point (turnout) to the controller system’s accessory control library. Using your controller instructions, first complete the on-screen track plan or enter any information needed for the new accessory. Once that is done, and you have chosen which turnout on your on-screen display you want to control, follow the instructions above.

The above instruction is just a more long winded version of BB's short brief 'how to' program statement. Note: according to the product instructions you have to set up the two ports on the ADS2FX separately, one at a time.

The ADS2fx is what they call a 'Self Learning' Accessory Decoder. This means two things, you do NOT need to attach the ADS2FX to the RailMaster eLink/Elite programming track. You do NOT need to the use the RailMaster Accessory Decoder Settings window. In other words ignore the instructions written in the RailMaster user guide manual for programming Accessory Decoders. They are not valid for the ADS2FX product.

I have pasted below the instructions taken from the ADS2FX website for programming the ADS2FX.

Giving your DCCconcepts ADS decoder its own address is very easy. Just remember to use ONLY these DCCconcepts instructions as all other DCC manufacturer instructions are valid only for their own accessory decoders.

You do NOT ever need to connect ADS decoders to a programming track For ALL handset and console based products that use a simple and direct “Press-the-button” routine to change a point or turnout, do as follows:

• Connect the AD-S2fx to the track power bus or the dcc accessory power bus.
  • Decide on the number that you wish to give each ADS-fx Decoder output
  • Carefully move the “Set/Run” switch of that output to the “SET” position
  • Follow your control systems instructions for Operating a point at that address. Use just the number only - do not add any leading zeros. (3 = 3, not 0003) (Complete the operation totally - from “select address” to “changing the point”).
  • Return the “Set/Run” switch to the Run position and your ADS decoder will now respond to that address - it really IS that simple!

For ALL Screen-based products such as ESU, Z21, Hornby E-link and similar products you may first have to set up a track diagram or add a new point (turnout) to the controller system’s accessory control library. Using your controller instructions, first complete the on-screen track plan or enter any information needed for the new accessory. Once that is done, and you have chosen which turnout on your on-screen display you want to control, follow the instructions above.

The above instruction is just a more long winded version of BB's short brief 'how to' program statement. Note: according to the product instructions you have to set up the two ports on the ADS2FX separately, one at a time.

I would have thought that the document I pasted my reply from on the ADS2FX web site is the same document included in the packaging that came with your decoder, assuming it was brand new. I do openly admit that the text I copied is not in your face in the document and was very small print, I had to look hard and read the document very carefully to find the relevant text to paste. But I am sure if you look carefully at any documentation that was shipped with the product you will find the instruction text pasted above, printed somewhere in it.

It would be very strange indeed if DCC Concepts ship a product without printed instructions of some sort. Not every one who buys their product has internet access to go looking for this stuff on line.

If you genuinely haven't got the product user guide, this clickable link below will take you right to it.

http://www.dccconcepts.com/vamr/owners-manual-ads-fx-solenoid-accessory-decoder

Archived