Pullman Observation Coach

Snow_man

Hi all, i have just bought the Pullman Observation Coach which looks great with the lights lit in it. I would like to add some passengers so that it doesn't look as daft but am not sure how to take it apart so that i can
Any thoughts would be appreciated

as i don't want to damage it

Kind regards Chris

Snow Man,

Hi, this question has been asked before. If you look at page 2 (they do move about some times) of the Hornby Forum General File and look for 'Adding Seated Figures to the Devon Belle Model'. It refers to a magazine article. I understand

there are clips fixing the body to the chassis but be careful with the light wires / clips and the washers on the bogies.

Have fun. Warmest regards,

Hi Chris,

I think the article Southernman777 was referring to was in Hornby's The Collector Issue 72 Oct/Nov 2009 - which I have in front of me. I can't set it all out here, but it looks fairly straightforward.
1. Unscrew and detach both bogies

- great care must be taken as the internal lighting wires are connected.
2. Using a small flatheaded screwdriver, gently ease all six of the retaining clips apart and remove the body, again taking great care not to damage the internal wiring. The seating

will now be exposed and ready to accommodate passengers.
3. Once passengers placed, gently replace the body onto the chassis by clicking the retaining tabs back into position. Take care not to trap the internal wiring as this could affect the lighting.

Replace the bogies and secure using the retaining screws. Job done.

Fairly straightforward, but a delicate job, considering the electrical contacts on the bogies and interanlly.
I hope this was some help?

Archived