Grand Central HST DCC fitted R2705X

Mr395008

Hi everyone, 

I've got a GC HST DCC fitted but the problem what I have is I've only got an analogue controller. Is it possible to disable the DCC to revert to DC? I've tried searching various forums for advice but there doesn't seem to be much.

thanks, 

johnny 

The short answer is yes.

A longer answer explaining why is a DCC decoder fitted loco will run usually on an analogue track just like an unchipped one, due to certain characteristics of the decoder. Some decoders do not support this feature, but most do.

You can if desired take the decoder out, but you will have to fit a blanking plug to take its place or bridge the connections with link wires to get it to run.

What you shouldn't do is try it the other way round i.e. do not run an analogue loco on a DCC track as you can and probably will damage the motor.

edit - pipped to the post by poliss as I was typing...

The short answer is yes.

A longer answer explaining why is a DCC decoder fitted loco will run usually on an analogue track just like an unchipped one, due to certain characteristics of the decoder. Some decoders do not support this feature, but most do.

You can if desired take the decoder out, but you will have to fit a blanking plug to take its place or bridge the connections with link wires to get it to run.

What you shouldn't do is try it the other way round i.e. do not run an analogue loco on a DCC track as you can and probably will damage the motor.

edit - pipped to the post by poliss as I was typing...

Thanks for the info!

Archived