dcc controllers

gragrahadea

Hi gragra......you can already run both locos independently with the Select.........If you have addressed your locos as 001 & 002 then simply press 1 then 'select button' to start that one running then press 2 & 'select' then that can start running............then to go back to 001 press 1 &'select' to regain control whilst 002 is still running at the last speed you chose and so on...........good luck.......HB

If you mean control two simultaneously by two people, and not start one going, then switch to the other, leaving the first one going round - I don't think you can, with the Select. If you had the Elite, you can use a Select as a walkabout.

As I don't have a Select, I'm probably wrong, and someone will jump in and say so!

You can run 3 possibly 4 locos at the same time with the Select with it's 1amp power supply, it says so in the handbook............also up to 7 Select walkabout units can be connected to control up to 8 locos.........HB

@gragra..........just in case you are not aware, you do not need another power supply for the walkabout select...........it connects to the command Select via an RJ12 6 pin buddy cable R8266 in the XpressNet port in each controller.........HB

Yes you can. You just plug the Walkabout into the Select. You can connect up eight more Walkabouts to the Select, giving you individual control of up to nine locos.

The Hornby online manual for the walkabout is wrong where it says you connect the Walkabout to the Select using the R8236 RJ12 connecting lead. The R8236 is used in conjunction with the Booster unit only.

On no account must you plug the Walkabout into it's own power supply.

Hi ,can I just say something ,you don't actually have to buy a walkabout select ,another select,like the one in your r1073 set will do ,probably no difference ,you still need the RJ12 cable to connect them but only one PSU to power both of them ,have a look on eBay you might pick up a cheap one ,you could upgrade to the 4amp PSU a bit later to give you more power ,,,,

Hi ,can I just say something ,you don't actually have to buy a walkabout select ,another select,like the one in your r1073 set will do ,probably no difference ,you still need the RJ12 cable to connect them but only one PSU to power both of them ,have a look on eBay you might pick up a cheap one ,you could upgrade to the 4amp PSU a bit later to give you more power ,,,,

I did just that with my select but hitched it up to an elite. It worked well except I only have a handful of locos wth IDs less than 50 so rarely use it.

Just to note that if you leave your Select rigged as a Walkabout to an Elite, at boot up the Select will show an error which can be simply cancelled out.

If this is annoying the Select Walkabout is hot pluggable so you will not damage it or the Elite by hooking it up after the Elite is running.

Archived