New ID address

My recent  problem appears to be the Railmaster/elink is not recognising ID 3 or any new IDs. I cannot run a new loco with ID3 or a new ID address, although I can change to an existing loco ID address.

Help appreciated

When ever you get these really odd things happening. The first thing to do before spending time trying to find out why. Is to download a fresh copy of RailMaster from the link at the top of this forum section. This will put a file called rm_setup.exe in your nominated browser download folder.

Right click this file and choose 'run as administrator'. This will overwrite your currently installed RM version. All current configurations and settings will be re-instated. Do not uninstall the original current RM version first.

Test for your issue again and report back findings.

The other normal fix to try, when odd things happen, is to factory reset the controller. But not sure how to do this with an eLink, or whether that is even possible. An eLink user may be able to confirm this or not.

Since you state that you can change the new loco to an existing loco address, then I am assuming that you have added the new loco into your RM loco list OK and been able to configure the loco in respect of all the other parameters except setting a new previously unused DCC ID address that works.

Correct

added the new loco into your RM loco list OK and been able to configure the loco in respect of all the other parameters except setting a new previously unused DCC ID address that works.

I test with ID 3 first and this is nor working.

Freah copy downloaded and still the same and system has been powered off a number of times.

As long as I use a previously used address evething else is normal..

Over to someone else then......I'm stumped.

One thing to check....a bit of a long shot....but I have seen some strange things happening if the setting circled in red in graphic is not as shown. Assuming your layout is H0/00 of course.

/media/tinymce_upload/5c7adeee8822446fdde859f635347d50.jpg

One thing not mentioned here is that the system must have originally recognised 03 out of the box and been able to change IDs, otherwise KNAP's locos would all still be on 03 and not recognised.  Unless of course they were programmed to different IDs by a different controller and then recognised by the RM/eLink. 

I have only 2 suggestions.  First, when trying to recognise a new loco still on default 03, connect only the programming track, disconnect the layout, make sure everything is clean and see if you can program a new ID.

If still not working, email HRMS from the email facility in the Help screen of RM.  You should immediately get an auto acknowledgement on your nominated email address, report back if you don't. Otherwise, wait for a reply from HRMS, which usually won't take more than a day or 2.

I have set up about 50 locos in the past with this system and programming track. I actually sent latest loco back (DCC sound fitted by them) thinking it was a loco fault.

I have emailed HRMS, but very puzzled that I can change ID as long as it is an existing used ID. 

Archived