Elite 1.42 and Select slaves

billhayleytwo

I have discovered that if you want to use Select slaves with the latest update with the Elite then you need to update the Elite to 1.42. Otherwise the enhanced functions will not work. They will work as slaves of a select. Trust me I have tried the different configurations. Updating the Elite worked perfectly once I read all the instructions. In windows XP. I have an Elite with 7 Select slaves plus Railmaster.

As I read it the post from BH2 says if you want to use the full functionality of the Select  as a slave (when at latest firmware version v1.5) you also need the latest firmware version of the Elite (v1.42).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyone in this situation should note that the Elite can now be updated on Win8, 8.1 & 10 machines using the new installer which allows you to select a port speed to match the update code transfer rate to suit your machine.

As I read it the post from BH2 says if you want to use the full functionality of the Select  as a slave (when at latest firmware version v1.5) you also need the latest firmware version of the Elite (v1.42).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyone in this situation should note that the Elite can now be updated on Win8, 8.1 & 10 machines using the new installer which allows you to select a port speed to match the update code transfer rate to suit your machine.

billhayleytwo.....BH2 is You......from BillHayley2

So effectively, you are agreeing with yourself  😉

Neither RAF nor I mean't to cause any offence. The regular contributors often abbreviate longer user names to something shorter to save typing.

For example: howbiman is referred to as HB, Son of Triangman is referred to as SOT, walkingthedog is referred to as WTD....there are many other examples I could list.....it's just a form of shorthand. A bit like giving a friend a nickname.

Thank you for the calcification,  I was searching for BH2 until your post! I also can't see the wood for the trees it would seem!

It's just that I had spent ages trying to get the slaves to work properly with the Elite and I didn't want anyone else to have the same frustration.

What are the latest Select upgrades?

My Select is at the original, yes Original version and my Elite is at v1.41, is there something significant that would be worth an update, to one or both of them?  I am not interested in 'bug fixes' as some software changes seem to suggest, because to be quite honest, I have not noticed any bugs.

Latest Select is version 1.5, the main difference feature wise is that V1.5 supports the functions above F8, thus support for TTS locos and the like, that need the higher function numbers.

The conundrum then is if you want to use a v1.5 Select as a walkabout the Elite needs to be at v1.42 to support the Select.

The problem you may see with your Select is that your Eite will have to be in Classic mode to fully support the basic Select, else you will find your points are 3 out, i.e. Select p61 and p64 will fire.

Also there were some Emergency Stop issues.

With respect to the Elite v1.42 fixes dummy car programming, improves compatability with Baccy 36-577 decoders and fixes display corruption reported by some during or after using Operations Mode programming.

The other advantage of the Select 1.5 is that to operate the functions all you need to do is to select the function number say 1 for sound and then push the function button. It turns the function on or off and says on or off in the screen. under 1.2 you had to push both buttons together which was a bit hit and miss,but only important if you have sound locomotives. Beware I have just purchased another walkabout Select thinking it would be 1.5 and it was 1.2 even though the DCC train sets from the same retailer had Select in them at 1.5! It also needed a reset to work properly.

BH2, would be good if you just used the text box and green reply button at the bottom of the page, no point at all just repeating what others have said, especially if adding nothing of your own outside the yellow box.

Archived