Help with loco performance please

MAGOO

Hi,i am new to both model railways and becoming a pensioner.I have built a twin track layout about 10ft x 5ft using nothing but new Hornby equipment.I have opted to start with DCC Select. I purchased 2new Hornby locos-a 4-4-0 and a 0-6-0.The 4-4-0 loco works perfectly all the time, every time,at any speed,in any direction etc etc.The 0-6-0 stops and starts all the time,at many different points but especially when running slowly.A gentle nudge in any direction sends it on its way!I have returned the loco to the supplier in uk-not Hornby but very well known and respected-and they have returned the loco to me saying that on their test track it works perfectly in all circumstances! So i have same layout,controller,connections etc but 0-6-0 will not perform on it? Any suggestions please.

Try resetiing the controller.Thanks,i have just tried it but to no avail.

forgive my ignorance but 4-4-0 has a tender,shunter 0-6-0 does not.if the power supply comes from loco and tender?-could this be disguising some track connection problems-ie no tender = less opportunities for good connectivity?Straw clutching maybe.

Archived