Information about R1184 set

minoo

Hi guys,

Keenly interested in having R1184 Hornby Western Express digital train set with eLink with TTS sound Hall steam loco 

Wanted to know about the performance of the loco, the details of the pullman coaches and functionality of E linkI have a Roco z21 with multimaus controller so will E link be compatible to use with my laptop which has windows vista

Thanks for the replies (in advance)

Minoo

Hi Minoo

I recently purchased the Western Express from Hattons, Ketley Hall is a nice Railroad model and has good haulage ability. The pullman coaches are basic Railroad models with white roofs but on the track behind the loco they look very nice. I purchased the set for the locomotive only and sold off the elink and coaches so the loco and track only cost me £40. The TTS sound is loud even at setting 1, but for the price I paid I will use it on DC I have too many locos to switch permanently to DCC. 

I will let others answer the elink question's since I prefer a non pc attached controller. 

@bsb

you do realise that although you can control the motor of a TTS loco on dc the manual makes note that the sound will not work, so you may as well remove the decoder and flog it as well.

eLink and RailMaster is totally compatible with Windows Vista. You do realise that you must either use the RM / eLink combo OR your Roco Z21. You can't use them both together on the same layout. The TTS Hall should work with any NMRA compliant controller supporting the function range from F0 up to F24.

eLink is just the track interface for RailMaster. Therefore, to understand what the functionality of the eLink is, you only need to read the RailMaster User Manual - click the link to view and/or download.

@RAF96

My layout does have two DCC switchable running tracks but I only use them now to test locos. I will leave the TTS in place to keep the model to the spec it was meant to be, but you are right it could be taken out and sold and if I did that I would probably be in profit :-)

Guys,

Thanks for the response. 😆 The video was impressive and has now instilled the confidence to get the set. 😮 

I also now understand that although the train can be controlled by z21, the z21 cannot be linked with Elink.

Appreciate your replies and clarifications. At 125 GBP from Hattons, it is a steal!!!!

Regards

minoo

Archived