lost connection

I apologise in advance for what is a common problem. I have read through countless threads but can't find an answer. My Railmaster has been working fine for a long time but suddenly started telling me that it has lost connection to the Elite. The Elite is connected to the pc by a short, good quality usb cable and is on com4. On it's own it works perfectly running locos etc. When I open Railmaster the controller icon lights up and everything seems to be ok and, then, I start getting this message. I have followed the instructions over and over but it doesn't help. I can't send a message to Hornby via the Help as the popup messages won't let me. (I have sent an email though and await an answer). Nothing has changed with the setup and I only use the laptop with Railmaster. Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

If it comes to reinstalling Railmaster am I right in thinking I don't have to deactivate the ProPack?

At the moment I'm using Windows 7. If I upgrade to Windows 10 will I regret it ? - Raimaster that is not Windows which I always regret.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the reply and to anyone else who has had a look. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 to see if that would help and half way through my laptop up and died. So now I know. One new laptop later and everything is back to normal (hopefully).

Thanks again.

Oh dear, that was an expensive 'free' upgrade.  I am guessing that maybe the loss of connection was showing the start of problems with your original laptop.  Glad you are sorted now and thanks for coming back and letting us know.  I will ask Adam our forum Administrator if he would move this thread to the RailMaster section. 

Archived