Anything on the horizon to replace the Elite?

Nictor

Just wondered if there is anything in the near future likely to replace the Hornby Elite. Been thinking off getting one to replace my existing DCC controllers - old Hornby Select/Bachmann EZ command and companion.

I know the Elite has been out for seven or eight years now and wondered if Hornby were going to release a new unit or model?

Surely only Hornby would know that? Given their current financial issues I doubt if any new DCC consoles are on their radar at the moment?

That said, the Elite is frequently being software updated with free to use updates. So technically it should be at the top of its game!

Surely only Hornby would know that? Given their current financial issues I doubt if any new DCC consoles are on their radar at the moment?

That said, the Elite is frequently being software updated with free to use updates. So technically it should be at the top of its game!

Thanks. I was not aware of the Hornby situation. Just done a quick google. Does not look good. If Hornby goes, then so do all the iconic brands of my childhood.

No need to worry about things folding up just at the moment Nictor - shares today are at 30p (still low but better than 19p) and the bank have agreed a new credit line and there has been an £8M share offering - which was oversubscribed. Hornby wlll be around for a while yet. R-

I think the Elite is just as capable and versatile as many other controllers on the market and as stated above it is supported by free firmware updates that are user installable.

Archived