Hornby TTS Sound class 40 and class 47 diesels

Simon J

Hello Everyone

I recently purchased 2 x class 40 and 2x class 47 Hornby TTS diesel locomotives.  I am very pleasantly surprised with the running qualities and the sounds - for what is a budget sound chip.

I have one problem with all of the locomotives; I cannot read the CVs on the programming track.  I have a Bachmann Dynamis and NCE Powercab.  Neither will read the CVs and neither will enable me to set a long address - on programming track or on the "main".

Any thoughts?  I have even connected the programming track feed wires to the pick ups of the locomotives.

Is the TTS sound chip NMRA compliant?

I have recently ordered Hornby e-link control unit and Railmaster software and will try this when I receive it.

Thoughts and comments much appreciated, Simon

Hi ,I can't say for sure about the diesels but I have five TTS steamers and all of them respond to any cv changes etc so I would expect your diesels would do as well ,I am on NCE powercab as well ,i would imagine that they are nmra compliant,sorry I can't be of any more help ,,,,,mjb

The TTS decoder is essentially an R8249 decoder with a sound chip piggybacked to it. you can see this by visual comparison of the two decoders.

So as the R8249 is stated as NMRA compliant I would say so is the TTS decoder.

Archived