Transfer Handheld Licence

So, is it possible to deregister a handheld and register another in its place - ie transfer the licence from one tablet/phone to another?

It would appear so....according to page 131 & 132 of the main RM manual and page 54 of the Hand Held manual.

But as usual, with the abysmal quality of Hornby manuals. It says it can be done, but doesn't give a 'step by step' guide as to how to.

It infers that you deactivate the HH license in the main RM application. The main RM manual show a screen shot on page 131 showing a list of activated HH licenses. This manual page also makes a text statement that the HH licenses need to be deactivated individually and separately to the main RM application.

Admin

Sorry this should be on the RailMaster Forum - can you transfer please

Chris (Surrey), despite posting this request multiple times (3) there is no guarantee that admin will see it. For reference, if you want to request admin to move a post that you own. The most efficient way to do that is to use the 'Report' button (bottom left hand corner) of your post. Then make the request in the text box that opens. Doing it that way, ensures that the request is 'flagged' to admin's attention for them to action.

as Chrisaf states yes, you do it in the main RM licence panel. You have to select the key and then deregister. If you don't select any key you get a warning dialog. I recall it wasn't obvious to select one in the first place so I got that warning which made me concentrate and select the handheld key!

Archived