Railmaster Activation Key

I have now purchased a new computer to run  my n gauge railway. I ran it previously on a laptop. I have tried several times to use the activation code but it will not let me register. I have filled in the form to request a key change but I just get a reply from hornby stating that the details are wrong. I purchased the railmaster with a rail link via Hatton in Liverpool 2 years ago and now my railway is unusealble.

Please can so e  help!

To reuse an activation code you first have to deactivate the old installation.

Decoding your post it appears you had a previous installation that you now want to reactivate on a new pc.

please confirm or refute.r

Welcome to the forums by the way.

Have a look at the very last reply on this previous post. It is most likely the reason why you are having issues. Remember back to when you first activated your copy of RM, did you use a different e-mail or postal address then. Maybe a different variation of your name, a shortened first name perhaps. If you can make the data match, then the activation will probably go through OK.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/e-link-railmaster-installation-etc/?p=1

As RAF says above. If your old RM PC is still functional, make sure you have deactivated  the old installation first. See pages 131 / 132 of the RM manual. If you didn't deactivate the old installation first, and you can't because the old PC is faulty. Then you will have to request  HRMS via the inbuilt RM support function to reset your RM account on their server, using the same information you entered before. Hence the link above.

Archived