LOCO ID not being recognised

KNAP

Current situation re my problem with Locos new ID being programmed but not recognised on track.

Using cleam version of Railmaster from top of forum, I can program a previously unused Loco ID and run the loco.

If I now copy in mt Loco Set up (resource.mdb file) I can program a previously unused ID but the loco no longer responds.

At the moment I can only conclude that there is a limit to the number of loco IDs you can use, or my resource file is corrupt.

Railmastre support suggested I had my e link looked at, which I did with customer support and they found no problem with my e link.

I have also found there appears to be a limit on the number of lines of instruction you can have with a program. Railmaster support have not solved this issue for me..

The other odd issue, is that my copy of Railmaster is blue has arrows for speeds and a cog in left corner. The download from forum, is pink, has tortoise and hare and a spanner..

Any ideas while a await a response from Railmaster Support.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@KNAP

I can comment on a couple of points you have made (incidentally, have you raised these aspects before in a different thread - if so your update would have been better tagged on the end of the original thread).

The number of Loco's you can control is in the hundreds.  I don't know the exact number but it is a lot!

I cannot see reference to the number of Loco's but for example, RailMaster can control up to 2,048 sets of points, so it will be a lot of Loco's.

The type of icons you get, for example The Hare, Tortoise and Spanner appear when you have selected different Program Colour Schemes in the setting screen.  Off hand, I think the Metal is the one that gives the arrows and cog.

Quote from page 34 of the RM manual

In the evaluation version of RailMaster you can set up a maximum of two locomotives. In the full version of the software there is no practical limit to the number of locomotives you can have as the database can store millions. 

I cant find a limit for programme steps but as they run on timed intervals I would hazard a guess that 24 hours is the limit regardless of steps.

I can program and store locos, the problem is I can;t run new locos wothout using an existing ID.

With the program I increased and reduced steps without a problem but could not increase steps even with reduced time..

If the program  was 150 steps and exited at step 100, then adding 10 steps at beginning would mean program still exited at step 100, but at step 90 of original program.

If the program exited at 50 mins then adding 10 mins at beginning would mean it excited at 60 mins, but at the same step exit point as before.

If the program  was 150 steps and exited at step 100, then adding 10 steps at beginning would mean program still exited at step 100, but at step 90 of original program.

If the program exited at 50 mins then adding 10 mins at beginning would mean it excited at 60 mins, but at the same step exit point as before.

By "exited", do you mean that execution of the program stops at these places?

Ray

If the program exited at 50 mins then adding 10 mins at beginning would mean it exited at 60 mins, but at the same step exit point as before.

IDs are 1-128 then extended which is automated (just plug in a number and the CV s are written)..

LOG TEXT up to point of pre exit

Admin edit: Removed log file due to it containing your Activation Code and it was far too long for a single post. Please refrain from posting your code and you might want to break up long posts or just show the relevant bits rather than copy and pasting hundreds of lines of code.

I think you may have broken the record for the Forum's lengthiest post  😀. However, you should not have displayed it because it contains your RM activation code.

ADMIN: Can you edit the post as necessary please?

Did you capture this text from the log while the RM session was still running? If so, you will have lost part of the end of the log due to buffering, so we may not see what caused the program to terminate.

Ray

That log file is enough to put anybody off from buying Railmaster. I'll stick to my nice, simple tablet app.

The log file is understandable if you read it with, say, notepad. It's only when you copy & paste it into a webpage text box that the line breaks are removed.

If you are testing a 50 min program Iit is easier to test without locos. You can also edit programs.

The program is a lot simpler than a log text file so that should not put anyone off. Most is recorded on a live run, then edited.

If you are testing a 50 min program Iit is easier to test without locos. You can also edit programs.

The program is a lot simpler than a log text file so that should not put anyone off. Most is recorded on a live run, then edited.

Now I'm fascinated - how can you test a program without locos (or points)?

Why are you displaying a log file from last September. Especially one that says there is no DCC Controller attached.

09/12/15 .......... I think it would be from last September if he lives in the USA, otherwise probably last December  😉

Ray

Ray, it states the date format in the log file as mm/dd/yyyy.

Also it is an old version of RM 1.63.

Archived