Bachmann DCC Sound?

Coat, welcome to the forum.

If you mean that you can't call up the Bachmann locos as pre-configured entries in the RM locomotive window. Then that is because they are not Hornby locos. Only Hornby locos are in the RM database. I have 5 Bachmann sound locos and all had to be manually entered into the database by hand. See pages 34 to 45 of the RM manual. It is a really easy process to do in practice, but not easy to describe in just a few words.

Assuming that I identified the correct issue that you're querying. If you are struggling to work out the 'How To' from the manual (it is not well written), then if you request, I will write a 'step by step' guide. It will be a long reply, hence why I didn't want to spend time doing it unless sure you wanted it.

There is also the opportunity to call up generic Baccy locos by cycling the button with two curly arrows on the Function setting panel. Pages 42 & 43 of the RM manual refer.

Press once for Hornby generic steam, again for Baccy generic steam, again for Hornby generic diesel and again for Baccy generic diesel.

You can then save these settings against your loco and further amend them to suit the list of functions that came with your Baccy loco.

Archived