dapol class 22 x2 railmaster and elink

Here we go
Using railmaster and e link
Locos dapol class 22 x 2
Bachmann Branchline 36-557 21-pin E-Z Command 4-function 1A decoder with back EMF
Programming track brand new cleaned
Brand new wiring checked
Programming checked with 5 different locos and ten chips all work fine
Locos class 22 been sent to somebody else and tested (Roger thank you)
They work on track under 003 both
Put them on programming track CANNOT read chips in either locos they worked at Rogers but they did not work before I sent them
They all return a read of 255
Track is spotless
Wheels are to
What's wrong ? Anymore info needed please ask so I can resolve this

The only other thing that you can try, is to disconnect your track output of your eLink whilst trying to read the CVs on your separate programming track. My Loksound V4 decoders return ALL 255 values when being read on my programming track, but read OK if I disconnect my main track output. I use Elite, not eLink but the same workaround may apply.

The only other thing that you can try, is to disconnect your track output of your eLink whilst trying to read the CVs on your separate programming track. My Loksound V4 decoders return ALL 255 values when being read on my programming track, but read OK if I disconnect my main track output. I use Elite, not eLink but the same workaround may apply.

Alas that did not work Chris but thank you

Also check to ensure that the power clip to your programming track does not have a capacitor fitted across its terminals (beneath the plastic cover).  If so just clip it out as the capacitor will interfere with DCC programming signals.

Wires soldered direct to track no power clip

Hornby had problems with certain Baccy decoders in the past with Select and Elite controllers, which was sorted by updating the firmware.

I wonder if there is a similar glitch in the eLink firmware.

Ok decided on a workaround for now

putting the decoders bother locos setting them all up for the dapol class 22s then relocating them back into the 22s

its a short term fix to a problem I can't resolve

thank you for  your help

If this lash up works then there is a definite loco associated problem, such as Terry suggests above.

One way to firmly prove this is using a decoder setup rig such as the ESU one or make your own as shown in my linked projects area.

Rob, separate test rig is the elegant test method, but effectively he has used one, it being the other loco in which the programming works.

Agreed fishy, just a suggestion for further down the road should he want to go that route.

Rob

Archived