Addressing Cobolt decoder ADS-2fx

Hi all, having problems addressing Cobolt decoders  using Railmaster? have tried deleting and reinstalled turnout on track plan but still cannot get it to address? have tried replacing with another , same issue will not address,  is there anyway of checking decoder for faults apart from changing and trying another decoder. I am addressing as per DCC instructions for screen based systems.

Thanks for any help.

No David. On the ADS2FX decoder, there are two ports i.e. 2 sets of electronics, and each one has a "learn" switch - a slider type switch. The instructions on the packaging will tell you which is the learn position. So, move one of these switches to the learn position. Then on the Raimaster screen, click the button for that point. Then switch the decoder switch back to operational. Then go back to the Railmaster screen. Alternately clicking the green and red buttons should then switch the point back and forth. Then repeat the process for the second port on the decoder.

Ray

These are the simplest of decoders to program.  All you do is switch to learn, operate the point you want it to control on the RM screen and switch the decoder switch back to run.  Just as Ray says, it's now done.  They are so simple, chances are you are overthinking it.

Thanks for this instruction, have done as suggested but still cannot get points to operate, should i be checking other issues? The RM screen does show the point switching ie, the grey inner line on screen at point does move but point doesnt move physically? 

Thanks for contiued assistance.

David

Thanks for this instruction, have done as suggested but still cannot get points to operate, should i be checking other issues? The RM screen does show the point switching ie, the grey inner line on screen at point does move but point doesnt move physically? 

Thanks for contiued assistance.

David

Hi David,

What kind of point motors are you using? Make sure the three wires from the point motor are going to the correct terminals on the decoder - i.e. the common return should go to the centre of the three terminals on the decoder. Also, provided you have the two DCC wires connected to the decoder, then you can test the decoder-to-point operation using the three terminals marked "Momentary". You can do it with a piece of wire in a U shape. Touch the two legs of the U against the left and centre of the Momentary terminals and the point should fire. Touch the right and center of the Momentary terminals and the point should fire the other way.

Ray

Archived