Elite Update 1.42 Issue

bryanwallen

Hi. I updated my Elite to 1.42 and now, when it boots up, it says "Hornby Classic DCC 1.42" on startup. I am sure it used to say Elite instead of Classic. Also, my 8216 points decoder doesn't switch the points across now. I suspect that I might have updated directly from V1 to 1.42 in one step. Is that the problem? I read that 1.42 is for Elite with 1.4 already on. I only just got this Elite. Can I get it back to V1 - I tried to factory reset but that has left it at V1.42. Help, please. Thanks in anticipation.

Each update for the Elite is standalone and does not rely upon the controller being at any particular previous state, therefore you can update or downdate from anything to anything else.

Once you have set the Elite into Standrd Mode it will reboot to there everytime.

if you really want to go back to a previous revision all the necessary files are on the download page of the linked website below in my signature. Just be aware the early versions had the userunfriendly bootloader to cope with, so you may find v1.41 is the better choice.

Once you have set the Elite into Standrd Mode it will reboot to there everytime.

Rob,

A feature of 1.42 is that when you reset it through the menu system, then it restarts in Classic mode. You then need to go into the menu again to put it into Standard mode. It stays in Standard over a power off power on, but not a menu reset.

Ray

Rob,

A feature of 1.42 is that when you reset it through the menu system, then it restarts in Classic mode. You then need to go into the menu again to put it into Standard mode. It stays in Standard over a power off power on, but not a menu reset.

Ray

V1.4 had a fault whereby  reboot would always be in Classic mode. V1.41 fixed this so that a reboot would always be into the last selected mode.

If this has broken again in v1.42 then I shall report it in.

Archived