RailMaster Activation Key Reset - no Response from RailMaster Support

Please Help.

I installed Rail Master on my Windows 10 Laptop, but could not get the USB driver to work. So i built a Windows 7 Machine which works perfectly. ( This is not the issue ).

I uninstalled RailMaster on the laptop without de-registering it ( didnt know i needed to ).

When i tried to activate my key on the Windows 7 machine it said the key was already activated, so i filled out a form to reset it. That was on Friday 2nd Sept.  I heard nothing back, so i emailed Hornby Support and RailMaster support. Hornby replied but they didnt seem to read my issue as they gave me a long email on Windows 10 and USB - that isnt my issue, i just want to reset my activation key.

I dont seem to be getting any response from RailMaster.

Can someone help me get a response. I just want my activation key reset.

Thanks, 

Ian.

Unfortunately it seems that HRMS often misinterpret requests for help and send an unrelated solution. I can only suggest that you send another e-mail setting out how the first response missed the mark and that you would simply like your code released so that you can use it again. This normally does not take very long. As a last resort you could ask the forum admin. person (Adam) to intervene on your behalf. I know it's frustrating, but stay with it and let us know how you get on.

Welcome to the forum.

R-

For now I suggest you forget about Adam and Hornby Customer Care, they can only relay messages. Instead email HRMS at support@rail-master.com, give them your key details, what has happened and ask them to reset it.  You will get an answer from them. There is no need to buy another key.

would it not have been easier to reinstall railmaster on your windows 10 pc, then disable your code from within railmaster, and transfer it to the other pc, no need to uninstall the software as once the code has been deactivated it reverts back to an evaluation copy, only a suggestion,

Sorry its taken a while - im restricted to 3 posts in 24 hours, so had to wait until now to reply!

I tried reinstalling on the windows 10 machine, but that didnt work.

It turns out, after talking with Rail Master support, the guy i bought it off from ebay had already registered it in 2015, and therefore as its not transferable i pretty much was stuffed from the outset.

Thanks for all your help.

Archived