Reinstalling Railmaster - previous settings query

The laptop that my copy of railmaster is on is on its last legs. I understand that I need to deregister the software (I'm fine with that, the info is on several posts and the manual). Then reload on my other computer.

My query is, is there a way of saving settings I've used for loco ids, function keys for sound locos, page colour schemes, loco avatars etc. before  uninstalling, say to a memory stick, then being able to reload them when I've reinstalled and reregistered Railmaster? 

Therefore can I easily get back to the current mode of the software on the new computer?

(Cant find this on forum or in manual).

Thanks.

It is in the manual on Page 132.

/media/tinymce_upload/ede44f5fff72b353ea2889a11c7226a5.jpg

As you can see above, this page lists the files you need to manually transfer to the new installation to recreate your locos and settings. This has also been answered before on the forum, but I do openly admit that the forum search function is not very intelligent for finding it.

PS - Also copy "railmaster.ini" into the new installation for the general settings that are not loco specific.

Excellent!  Thank you for your very quick reply, Chris!

Just what I need, guess I would have found it in the manual eventually, however the value of a forum like this is that one learns what will actually work and confirms what documentation says.  And thanks for reminding me about the  .ini file, I know I edited that ages ago...

cheers,

Bill

Archived