Strange change of pace.

Jimbo1707820979

I recently bought new a nice Hornby Class 2721 pannier tank, DCC fitted. Lovely little runner after careful running-in. Then suddenly it slowed right down and will now take at least 5 circuits of the track to reach its top speed, accelerating at a true snail's pace. It has only had about 4 hours total running time so far.

At the moment I have no programming track to check things but could this aberration in behaviour be due to the decoder's having, of its own accord, changed the accelaration rate to the slowest rating ?

Any help on this would be welcome.

Likely to be CV3 set to a high value. Try writing 5 to it (if your controller allows this) and see if there is a noticable difference.

If it also takes forever to slow down then check CV4.

No programming track - no problem - just use a spare bit of track or borrow a short bit from your main line.

Thanks Rob. I will dig my Elite out of the garage and set up a programming track so I can try your suggestions.

I haven't been using the Elite very much as the Little Controller likes the Select and has actually run 4 locos simultaneously on it without any help from me. Also we use the Elite on the primitive (but longish) garage layout when the days are warm. Like UKIP days. 😀

... haven't been using the Elite very much as the Little Controller likes the Select ...

What a shame.  Why not connect the 2 of them together and let the little controller use the Select, whilst you use the Elite.

Archived